This Page

has been moved to new address

My Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day Gone Good.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#fff; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small Georgia,Serif; text-align:center; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#58a; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#969; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#c60; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #ccc; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; font-weight:normal; color:#666; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#666; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#c60; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:0 1px 1px; max-width:700px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:#c60; } .post-title a, .post-title a:visited, .post-title strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:#c60; font-weight:normal; } .post-title strong, .post-title a:hover { color:#333; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#ccc; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#999; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#666; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day Gone Good.

Last month on a nice, sunny day I took my necklace off, placed it on the counter (I thought?!?) and went about the day outside running around and playing. The next morning I panicked when I couldn't find the necklace anywhere. And I mean anywhere.

This is a necklace I wear most every day, it has a charm with each of the kids names on it. I got it for Christmas from all three kids. (Even though I'd picked it out myself.)

I literally turned our house upside down. Couch cushions, cupboards, mattresses. Sink drains, toy boxes, I even had our contractor check the duct work thinking maybe it got dropped down the vent.

No such luck.

Finally, I asked H.

"Where's mama's necklace?"

"In the toilet." He answered matter of factly.

That can't be, I thought. He's just really in to the toilet with potty training.

"Show me." I asked him and he walked me to the bathroom, pointed at the toilet and then flushed.

I am not sure I have ever been more angry with my two year old as I was in that instant. So rather than getting mad at him I continued to turn my house inside out and upside down. I called J in tears and he brought me to reality and told me it was probably gone.

I called the city and asked how one could go about getting something that was flushed down the toilet. They informed me that it could get picked up in the filter but even then it'd be about a year before they'd find it and that's only if it doesn't get caught up along the way. I don't even want to think about what kind of condition my necklace would be in.

After talking to J some more he encouraged me to email the maker of the necklace, Dillon Rogers.

"Tell them your story. Tell them about your blog. Maybe they'll give you a discount." He suggested.

So I did.

And Mr. Geoffrey Dillon absolutely made my day when he emailed me back the same day saying that he was not only sorry but that he would love to replace my necklace. For free.

Before they sent me my new necklace, they photographed it, because I'm sure they knew I wouldn't have given it justice with my camera...




Why is this necklace so special?

Because it shares with the world my three very special little people. It goes with anything whether I'm wearing a t-shirt and jeans or am dressing up.

It sparkles. What girl doesn't like a little sparkle?

The customer service I received, impeccable. While I was still not happy with H for losing my necklace, receiving a replacement and the kind, witty responses from Mr. Dillon, made me feel better.

I'm just some mama in Minnesota, but Dillon Rogers made me feel as though me and my necklace deserve Hollywood attention.

If you haven't already, check out their site. They do not only these beautiful personalized charm necklaces but they do leather engraved bracelets and other fun jewelry. Even dog collars.

In case you're wondering, this necklace will not be taking the same journey as the last one. I'm already being more intentional and careful. Though H has yet to throw anything else down the toilet, I would hate to risk losing it again.

I can't thank Dillon Rogers (especially Mr. Dillon) enough for the gift they gave me in replacing my necklace. They truly did turn my horrible, no good, very bad day to good.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that Dillon Rogers replaced your necklace for you. I could've written this post nearly word for word about 3 years ago when the boys flushed my wedding ring. I also called the city - no help from them, as well as pulled every toilet apart hoping that it was caught in the little trap inside. I'm happy that yours had a happy ending. Mine had an expensive one. The cost to replace my ring was more than double what it was just a few years previous to the toilet incident.
~Nicole

August 27, 2008 at 11:48 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

that's so wonderful! What a blessing!! Because of this I will definitely go check out their site.

August 27, 2008 at 1:46 PM  
Blogger Jon, Sara, Tyler, and Sophie said...

WOW! That is so nice that they sent you a new necklace. I meant to ask you about your necklace when I saw you at dinner. Thanks for the fun update.

August 27, 2008 at 7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ask and you shall recieve, I degress..... What a super CS star for this firm...Thanks for sharing.

Love 2 all

dadio's

August 27, 2008 at 9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home