This Page

has been moved to new address

The Superhero Party!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#fff; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small Georgia,Serif; text-align:center; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#58a; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#969; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#c60; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #ccc; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; font-weight:normal; color:#666; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#666; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#c60; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:0 1px 1px; max-width:700px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:#c60; } .post-title a, .post-title a:visited, .post-title strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:#c60; font-weight:normal; } .post-title strong, .post-title a:hover { color:#333; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#ccc; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#999; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#666; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Monday, April 19, 2010

The Superhero Party!

There was a time, not so long ago, where I really wanted to be a party and event planner. I researched, I planned, I applied for positions. I even contemplated starting my very own business.

It never came through and I'm resolved with that because it leaves me free to plan the parties and special things that are most important to me.

Like H's 4th birthday this past weekend.

Most people don't throw birthday parties at home anymore. And there's a surplus of places out there where they will do all the work for you and you just write the check and walk away. I admit there have been a few parties we've done just that but if you look at the last few years of our life you'd understand why.

I have been working on H's party for the last couple months. No joke! I wanted to have an affordable, memorable, fun party at home that was all about superheroes! I worked my tail off and it paid! I couldn't be happier with how the party turned out and just how happy and excited my brand new four year old was.

So without further explanation, this is the long photo/link recap of the festivities. Enjoy!


The invite design was done by: Mommies Ink .

Printed at Costco.



Cupcake toppers were made by me with basic colored cardstock, toothpicks and a digital file purchased from: Kottage on 5th and once again printed at Costco.




Pinata candy bags were made with plain paper lunch bags and the cupcake toppers minus the toothpick.


Birthay shirt from Little One Boutique.

The banner was made by me. I had looked and looked and looked at these banners on etsy and knew that if I took the time I could make one. So I did. Used regular primary colored cardstock, cut out letters with a diecut machine at my local Archivers store and purchased some superhero scrapbooking paper and star ribbon at JoAnn Fabrics. Total cost for me to make this: $5 using supplies I already owned. So worth it. I absolutely love it!





"Batman pb&j's"

I used a bat cookie cutter I purchased after Halloween last year to cut out the sandwiches. Perfect size sandwiches for 3-4 year olds at a party!


"Superstrength veggies"


"Green Goblin grapes"


"Spiderman web pretzels"


"Superhero Superpower juiceboxes"


My homemade pin the batwings on the Batman game!



Pinata!


The big party surprise was SUPERMAN!

We borrowed the costume from a friend and had a friend of a friend dress up and surprise the kids! It was hands down my favorite part of the party!

Party favors. Every child went home with their very own superhero cape and mask with their initial on it. Superman brought these with him to hand out! Purchased from: Custom Kids.
H's cape is reversible and this is the other side.



All in all the party was a great success! And I'm already dreaming up next year's!

Please feel free to use any of my ideas and browse any of the shops I have listed. I do ask that if you use any of my own ideas that you would give me credit by linking back here. Thank you!


Disclosure: I was not paid or compensated in any way to share the etsy sellers that I purchased items from. I paid for these items on my own. However one seller did give me a discount.

19 Comments:

Blogger darcie said...

looks like a GREAT time!
awesome!
we've only done the home parties thus far - until the kids request otherwise - this is what we know and love - but yours - yours was the BOMB!
I hope I can convince one of my little ones to do this next time around!

April 19, 2010 at 11:17 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

It looks fantastic. I love all the details. I really get into party planning for the kids too, but YOU are Supermom!

April 20, 2010 at 6:03 AM  
Anonymous Jes said...

Cutest party ever!!

April 20, 2010 at 9:09 AM  
Anonymous s said...

What a GREAT party!! Henry will never forget this! :) You are awesome and have a great imagination and so creative! Way to go MOM! :)

April 20, 2010 at 9:25 AM  
Anonymous s said...

What a GREAT party!! Henry will never forget this! :) You are awesome and have a great imagination and so creative! Way to go MOM! :)

April 20, 2010 at 9:25 AM  
Anonymous s said...

What a GREAT party!! Henry will never forget this! :) You are awesome and have a great imagination and so creative! Way to go MOM! :)

April 20, 2010 at 9:26 AM  
Anonymous s said...

What a GREAT party!! Henry will never forget this! :) You are awesome and have a great imagination and so creative! Way to go MOM! :)

April 20, 2010 at 9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an awesome party, S is right Henry will never forget this, So cool to see Henry's face when superman arrived !! Priceless !! The excitment even had me going.. Happy, Happy Birthsday out Super Hero..
Love You all
Auntie Laurie

April 20, 2010 at 10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How awesome of a Mom are YOU! I love the entire thing! The banner is fantastic...may need to remember that for next years.

April 20, 2010 at 11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Party-you are so creative!!!!! I love the pics and homemade game, how very cool!! I made little cupcake flags for B's 1st b-day too-with a pic of her as a newborn on one side and a 1 yr old on the other. Its 6 months away and I'm already dreaming up her two year party!!

April 20, 2010 at 11:40 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

The video is too cute - what an awesome party!

April 20, 2010 at 2:03 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

What an awesome party!!! I love the banner idea! So crafty. Looks like everyone had a blast.

April 20, 2010 at 4:03 PM  
Blogger LutherLiz said...

Wow that looks fantastic. You should plan my parties supermom!

April 20, 2010 at 7:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Samara, this is the BEST birthday party I could ever imagine for H! I'm super impressed with your creativity and attention to detail. What a memorable day for your little superhero! Where was your costume, Supermom? Oh right... you don't need a costume to be Supermom! :)

April 20, 2010 at 8:27 PM  
Blogger Jon, Sara, Tyler, and Sophie said...

Samara, that party looks like it was fantastic. I love all of the little details. If you ever want to practice some more with party planning, I have a soon to be 3 year old who is having a princess party in May. Any suggestions are welcome. :-)

April 20, 2010 at 9:50 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Your Hired! Madison Birthday is August 27!!
Looks like a FAB time!!!

April 21, 2010 at 7:45 AM  
Blogger Brandi said...

Wow...I am so impressed..can you plan Kali's for me in July??

April 21, 2010 at 1:26 PM  
Blogger Anna Daniels said...

It was fun to be there for the brief moment to see H's face when Superman came running in! : )

April 21, 2010 at 8:17 PM  
Blogger Lindahl News 2 said...

Let's hear it for home parties!!! You did a fabulous job with all the details...my favorite thing: the birthday banner!

April 21, 2010 at 9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home