This Page

has been moved to new address

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#fff; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small Georgia,Serif; text-align:center; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#58a; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#969; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#c60; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #ccc; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; font-weight:normal; color:#666; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#666; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#c60; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:0 1px 1px; max-width:700px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:#c60; } .post-title a, .post-title a:visited, .post-title strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:#c60; font-weight:normal; } .post-title strong, .post-title a:hover { color:#333; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#ccc; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#999; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#666; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly.

I'm pretty sure that age four is the new two.

Today, my lovely, lovely, smiley, happy four year old really gave me a run. Literally.

This morning at a friends he took off on a battery operated motorbike. (Think: four wheelerish.)

By took off I mean went the equivalent of three blocks and only stopped because I had caught up to him.
I ran and I yelled out to stop. To come back. And he looked at me and laughed. Oh I wish it weren't true but it is.

When I silently drove home after catching him and expressing my serious disbelief and dissatisfaction with him he asked "Mama, are you mad?"

To which I asked him what he thought.

"Umm, no." He said in his sing song voice.

It was a school day today so the two of us had a little afternoon break from each other. Which was good.

I needed time to cool down. Literally.

Because it was hot and sunny out there and I don't remember the last time I ran that far, that fast.

But later this afternoon he decided to run my foot over with another ride-on toy. My toe is still throbbing six hours later.

"You're done!" I told him eight times over as my insides crumbled.

But really, what I want to do is scream: "Who are you? And what have you done with my sweet boy?"

I don't of course.

Because I still get to have the bad days. And if it had been raining today, I've have called it ugly but the sun was shining. That redeemed us all today.

I am silent because my brain is in overdrive after I tell him he's done. I have talked so much my voice is just a background noise at this point. My words will not make it through so I am silent.

Thinking and listing all the good in the day.

Miss E in her sundress and sunhat helping water all the plants.
And Miss M interviewing me for a career school project she's doing.
A clean house that I didn't clean.
And my favorite shows on tv tonight.

I can't let the frazzling fours break me down because though it was a doozy of a day, I still get to have these sorts of days.

The good. The bad. The ugly.

Along with those great days like yesterday where everything goes along swimmingly and my smile never leaves my face.

And then those days like today where I want to hold him and look at him and make him understand and tell him that I love him even when he's pushed every last button I've got.

Because oh how I do.

Days like today are the truest example of unconditional love.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Dadio said...

Let the good times roll. You will laugh some day about chasing him down..
Luv ya ALL
Dadio

May 19, 2010 at 9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH my!! I'm sorry but I did chuckle reading this post, I can just see the look on H's face as he drove away !!He knew he wrong..
Like Dad says let the good times roll !! He looks so peaceful sleeping, dreaming of his next adventure!!
Love You All
Auntie Laurie

May 19, 2010 at 1:43 PM  
Blogger the tune she hums said...

Just today I was thinking I would write about my own bad day... looks like you've had one lately also! You've got it right though for sure-trying to look at the bright side (of course easier said than done) and realizing the small bad things are more than outweighed by the good. The sunshine definitely helps!
Hope the rest of your week is great,
-Nicky

May 19, 2010 at 8:36 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Well you can certainly say that H keeps you on your toes. He is a very adventurous boy!!!

May 20, 2010 at 9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry you had such a rough day! They are awful when it seems to be on thing right after another, especially when it starts with something so scary!

May 25, 2010 at 12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home