This Page

has been moved to new address

Simple Little Things That Bring Me Joy.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#fff; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small Georgia,Serif; text-align:center; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#58a; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#969; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#c60; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #ccc; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; font-weight:normal; color:#666; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#666; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#c60; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:0 1px 1px; max-width:700px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:#c60; } .post-title a, .post-title a:visited, .post-title strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:#c60; font-weight:normal; } .post-title strong, .post-title a:hover { color:#333; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#ccc; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#999; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#666; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Monday, April 4, 2011

Simple Little Things That Bring Me Joy.

I spent the morning at the coffee shop working {writing} and it was great. And yesterday J and I had a date day and finally got our taxes done and went over our constantly crazy schedules and it just feels good to start the week on the same page and also have this free time and space to get things done.

Spring is trying to break through, the grass is showing now, the air is crisp and the sun is trying so very hard to beat through the clouds.

Here's some of the things bringing me joy this week:

1. This book.
march2011 001
Written by one of my favorite children's authors (and yes, I'm biased, as I used to babysit her kids). We checked it out at the library and H practically begged for a Yes Day of our own. We had our own version of Yes Day and it was fun. You never realize how much you say no until you're forced to make it a little more fun.

2. This.
march2011 002
Found the ticket stubs and the photo booth pics hanging on the kitchen bulletin board. I love that she won't ever forget her first time at a movie alone. I won't either.

3. These girls.
march2011 006
M has real glasses now and she looks so old with E on her hip. Like a tween.

march2011 005
I also love that E does this cheesy, squinty, eyes closed smile sort of thing lately.
march2011 003

4. My Nook.
march2011 002
Reading after a day of slidin', arcadin' and fun at Metropolis. More on that to come.

J and the kids surprised me with a Nook for my birthday and I love it so, so much. More than I ever thought I would. I love that I can download new books in the touch of the screen whether it's from the library or the book store. I've been reading Junie B. Jones aloud and while H loves them {we're on book 3}, I've decided after this one we're moving on to the Beverly Cleary series of Henry Huggins.

I love that my littles love reading.

5. Fun things to giveaway.
march2011 019

I love The Vintage Pearl and I especially love this MamaBird necklace I received a few months back. I'm super excited that they are giving away a $25 gift certificate to their shop. 

Tell me what's bringing you JOY this week and you're entered.

For an additional entry, share on Facebook or Twitter and leave a seperate comment here telling me you shared the contest!

{Winner to be chosen by random.org. Contest ends Sunday, April 10 8pm. Prize provided by The Vintage Pearl.}

21 Comments:

Blogger The Petersons said...

Sunshine is bringing me joy today! (Even though it's REALLY windy.)

April 4, 2011 at 1:02 PM  
Blogger Laura The Crazy Mama said...

The thought of winning that pretty necklace is making me happy ;)

Trina noticed it yesterday and mentioned it to me today. She said she had seen it on PW's site.

Is there one pearl for each child? Because I think I'll get a sore neck if that's the case hahahaha!

April 4, 2011 at 1:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I survived my Zumba boot camp (12 classes and lifting every day) and managed to clean out my closet... feeling great today!

April 4, 2011 at 1:40 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

I'm getting a new mattress next weekend and will no longer wake up to a sore back! That is making me very happy today!

April 4, 2011 at 1:43 PM  
Anonymous Dadio's said...

Reading your blog gives me joy! Love to all Dadio's

April 4, 2011 at 1:56 PM  
Anonymous Apple Pie Order said...

Lovin' the forecast that is in the 50's for every day this week!

April 4, 2011 at 3:05 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

The sun and looking at the good things in my life. I have my health, family and friends. Those 3 things give me lots of joy and I love that!

April 4, 2011 at 3:16 PM  
Anonymous Stacey said...

Moo Moo (My 6 month old Maggie)makes me smile! Even when her big brother and sister are driving me crazy I can look over at Maggie rolling on the floor and smile!

April 4, 2011 at 3:48 PM  
Blogger Samantha said...

Well this was last week, but throwing a surprise birthday party for a friend who could use the "pick me up" brought me tons of joy to see the excitement on her face when all of her friends popped out.

Shared a nice dinner with family tonight.

Having friends come home on Saturday so that we can all participate in Relay for Life together.

April 4, 2011 at 8:00 PM  
Blogger MamaBear said...

Knowing that I decorated and furnished the nursery without going over our $200 budget has brought be great joy (and relief!)

April 4, 2011 at 8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Things that bring me joy. Reading your blog and seeing that everyone is happy and healthy. Seeing how a simple walk can cheer you up. Hopefully getting out of bed 35 minutes earlier to do yogo on the living room floor will make me happy. Love to all Janet

April 4, 2011 at 8:46 PM  
Blogger Jon, Sara, Tyler, and Sophie said...

Meeting some new friends for coffee and conversation brought me joy this weekend.

Watching T and S help each other at the Y was a great moment of my day today ("Look, Mom, we're doing teamwork!").

April 4, 2011 at 9:02 PM  
Blogger Jon, Sara, Tyler, and Sophie said...

Shared the contest on Twitter. :-)

April 4, 2011 at 9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm feeling joy from windows open, winter coats off and the promise of spring!

April 5, 2011 at 7:51 PM  
Blogger Kendra Wheeler said...

Bringing me joy this week:
1. my son...each and every second I have with him

2. my co-workers...and working out--we started a work out program this week and I am so excited!

3. seeing my husband take some really big steps in life! I love watching God through Him!

April 6, 2011 at 7:31 AM  
Blogger LutherLiz said...

celebrating my husbands birthday today. And our new house!

April 6, 2011 at 4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Listening to M talk about what she learned in school.

STacy R

April 6, 2011 at 9:06 PM  
Blogger Lesli said...

Little signs of joy here as spring is peeking its way into my little corner of the world.

littleumbrella (at) wow (dot) com

April 8, 2011 at 2:14 AM  
Blogger Lesli said...

I shared this on Facebook.

{facebook.com/a.little.umbrella}

littleumbrella (at) wow (dot) com

April 8, 2011 at 2:15 AM  
Blogger Lori's Place said...

What has brought me joy this week is my friends walking with me through difficult times. Thanks for the opportunity to win from tvp.
loriagalbraith@gmail.com

April 9, 2011 at 10:21 PM  
Blogger Lori's Place said...

Shared giveaway from tvp on facebook
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002259137965&sk=wall
loriagalbraith@gmail.com

April 9, 2011 at 10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home