This Page

has been moved to new address

Day Camp. Potty. And Penguins. Oh My!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#fff; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small Georgia,Serif; text-align:center; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#58a; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#969; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#c60; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #ccc; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; font-weight:normal; color:#666; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#666; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#c60; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:0 1px 1px; max-width:700px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:#c60; } .post-title a, .post-title a:visited, .post-title strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:#c60; font-weight:normal; } .post-title strong, .post-title a:hover { color:#333; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#ccc; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#999; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#666; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day Camp. Potty. And Penguins. Oh My!

The week is flying by. H is loving day camp. He comes home exhausted and dirtier than possible and sometimes he's even missing something, like today, a random sock. {He claims he didn't notice he only had one sock on as he put his shoes on after swimming. That must mean he's too busy having fun.}

The weather's cleared up and after the first day and a half of rain it's been full sun and full bugs.

I'm so glad he's having fun.

***
I told my dad today that H pretty much broke me in. The first time he went potty I remember thinking we were going to be out of diapers within a week. {I was wrong.} Then I bribed, pushed, cried my way through some challenges until one day where he just got it. And it's funny because my dad told me when that was going on that in 6 months or even a year, I'd look back and laugh about what seemed like such a struggle. And I do.

All this to say, I've had pretty low expectations about the potty thing with Miss E. She's been going potty off and on for a LONG time now. Yet I've kind of been all laissez faire about it but the other day she begged me to let her wear underwear. Of course this was a day where we had a 30 minute drive in the car.

I hemmed and hawed, even at one point asked if she would wear her underwear over her diaper {my thinking was who wants to clean out a car seat potty accident? not me!}

Finally, I gave in. And she was fine.

Accident free all day.

And then today she did it again, minus an accident at bus pick up for H, she did great. Even telling me at one point in a childrens clothing store "Mama, I have to go potty!"

Ladies and gentlemen, we may be on our way!
2011-08-02 16.27.27

celebrating.
see big girl E. dirty faced camper H. And two bigs who go along with my crazy celebration plans.
edit: I replaced the previous photo with a better one where everyone actually appears happy to be alive

****

This past weekend we had the chance to visit the Minnesota Zoo all the way down in Apple Valley. I hadn't been there in maybe 15 years?

I'm not sure why we waited so long though. It was a full, wonderful day. {And we left planning on becoming members before the next visit!}
2011-07-30 10.48.58

Our first stop was the newest penguin exhibit. Penguins from Africa! Our littles loved it.
2011-07-30 10.57.08

They pretty much loved the entire time we were there. H wanted to take pictures of everything. And we let him so now we have about 64 pictures of his finger or glass displays and occasionally the ground.

We rode the monorail at the end of our visit which was probably a little mixed up because had we done it first we probably could have mapped out what we really wanted to do and see for next time. {Such as the barn! That's a fall trip for sure!}
2011-07-30 12.45.18
august2011 053

The Minnesota Zoo is giving away TWO free passes to the zoo here. {Including parking!} The passes are good anytime for any regular admission {either adults or children}.

To enter, tell me something that's bringing you joy this week. Is it the sunshine with no humidity? A big break at work? Planning a vacation or a girls weekend? Whatever it is that's making you happy, leave a comment here and you're in.

Because this is a bigger giveaway, there are two additional ways to enter.

1. Like my blog on Facebook and leave a comment here saying you did so.

Or...

2. Share this post on either Facebook or Twitter and then leave a comment here saying you did so.

Winner to be chosen by random.org on August 10 at 8pm.


Disclosure: The Minnesota Zoo sponsored this giveaway. They also gave my family complimentary passes to the zoo. The opinions shared here are mine.


2011-07-30 14.25.24

17 Comments:

Anonymous Nicky said...

-Wedding planning!
-Seeing several old friends for lunch/coffee/drinks
-A new yoga membership
-Job interviews!
-Reading your blog and seeing the kids' smiles =)

August 4, 2011 at 12:35 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

Let's see, bringing me joy this week: the beginning steps of planning a huge fundraiser that is going to impact our lives in a huge way and being able to take Tucker for longer walks without dying in the humidity! Looks like they had a blast at the zoo!

August 4, 2011 at 7:31 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Things bringing me joy: no humidity and being able to open my house up for a bit yesterday, catching up with friends and family I missed while I was on vacation last week and my brand new laundry washtub!

I also like your blog on FB, don't know if that needs to be a separate comment or not. :)

August 4, 2011 at 8:22 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

And I just shared the post on Twitter. :)

August 4, 2011 at 8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Things that are bringing me joy this week:
-the lovely weather
-the completion of our basement is within reach
-the smiles on my kids faces when they got to pick out new bedding for their new rooms
-and our first family trip to Valleyfair!

-Carissa

August 4, 2011 at 8:44 AM  
Blogger Shelly/Michelle said...

Things bringing me joy this week? My four year old's parenting advice and both T & M's faces in the "celebration" photo, imagining them humoring you. ;0)

August 4, 2011 at 10:01 AM  
Anonymous Dadio's said...

Reading about the kids!

dadio's

August 4, 2011 at 10:03 AM  
Blogger Jess Bjokne said...

My amazing hubs and all he does to support me in my career!

August 4, 2011 at 2:27 PM  
Blogger Jon, Sara, Tyler, and Sophie said...

Going back to school with my now 1st grader and meeting my new 27 students has brought me much joy this week. Life is good!

August 4, 2011 at 6:16 PM  
Blogger Jon, Sara, Tyler, and Sophie said...

I like your blog on FB.

August 4, 2011 at 6:17 PM  
Blogger Jon, Sara, Tyler, and Sophie said...

Shared the giveaway on twitter.

August 4, 2011 at 6:17 PM  
Blogger Brandi said...

Things that bring me joy this week..
-Having not one plan with my kids..going to pool and hanging out there all day
-Going to the comedy club with our small group and laughing..ALOT!

-Love your blog and pictures..even though we rarely get together I love seeing your family and staying up on what is going on..:) Hopefully sometime soon we can get together..call me next week if you want to go swimming..:)

August 5, 2011 at 8:43 AM  
Blogger wanderer said...

Just found your blog and so glad I did!

This week my husband is away so I've had to take time off to spend with the kids since he's usually a Stay at home day. It's been so fun to have afternoons with them and play in the park. Really has help re-energize me!

August 5, 2011 at 8:25 PM  
Blogger Kelly Eull said...

Just liked you on Facebook - pretty shocked I had not done that already. oops.

August 10, 2011 at 8:55 AM  
Blogger Kaydoodle said...

- A friends' 30th Birthday party
- A night off to just be
- A day spent working in the yar
- A long nap to finish out the weekend - sounds perfect to me :)

August 10, 2011 at 9:34 AM  
Blogger Kaydoodle said...

I "like" your blog on Facebook!

August 10, 2011 at 9:35 AM  
Blogger Kaydoodle said...

I shared on Facebook as well :)

August 10, 2011 at 9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home