This Page

has been moved to new address

My Knight.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#fff; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small Georgia,Serif; text-align:center; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#58a; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#969; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#c60; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #ccc; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; font-weight:normal; color:#666; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#666; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#c60; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:0 1px 1px; max-width:700px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:#c60; } .post-title a, .post-title a:visited, .post-title strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:#c60; font-weight:normal; } .post-title strong, .post-title a:hover { color:#333; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#ccc; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#999; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#666; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

My Knight.

He knows me better than any other person. He knows what makes me smile. He knows what will make me sad. He is my knight.

He strives to make me happy and makes sure that I can do the things I want to do even when I don't appreciate it.

He provides for his family and doesn't complain doing it.

He compliments me and speaks highly of me to his friends and his colleagues, even when I don't merit compliments.

He reassures me and protects me when I am nervous or overwhelmed or afraid.

He pursues me.

He loves me in a way that only a spouse could love his wife. He gets over the petty issues and sees past that enough to love me without hesitation.

This man is my knight. My knight in shining armor.
There is something about the miracle of life and having a baby together that makes a couple grow even closer than they were just hours before.

In the weeks, the days and hours leading to E's birth, he again reassured me. And reminded me to enjoy the season of pregnancy. He joined me in anticipation, waiting to meet our newest one.

There were some scary moments before E was born but J was right there. Holding my hand. Smiling and reminding me that the doctors and nurses knew what they were doing.

J said that E was a girl from the very beginning of my pregnancy. And as she was born he joyfully announced, "It's a girl." as I cried tears of joy.
In those moments, I couldn't feel any closer to J than I do right then.

J took about a month off to be home with me and the kids after E's birth and for Christmas. On his own he decided to do this, because he loves me.

Having him home is wonderful. He takes care of so many things and makes sure things are just so. Though I am nursing Miss E, he'll still get up at night and help by changing her or bringing her to me. He gets up each morning with H and gets T and M out the door to school. I have yet to cook anything since we've been home from the hospital.

Like I said, it is wonderful.

The Lord blessed me with the gift of J as my husband. I do not deserve him. I am bratty and selfish and sometimes not-so-nice. But yet, the Lord graciously gave me J. And J, gives me daily mercy by forgiving me and loving me despite my unloveable qualities. He is my knight.

"In the heart of every man is a desperate desire for a battle
to fight, an adventure to live and a beauty to rescue."
John Eldredge

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok that made me cry. Seriously. What a wonderful tribute to your wonderful husband. I am so happy that your family is blessed with you both.
Hugs!

December 16, 2008 at 4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow.. I'm very impressed! Tell Jeff he should start a "this is how a man should be and treat his wife" business! : ) Great men are rare and it seems you've got one of them!!

December 16, 2008 at 5:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WoW. So thrilled and proud how you both are growing together. Beautifully brutal open post..

Love you all
Dadio's

December 16, 2008 at 9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! And hats off to your hubby! He seems wonderful!

December 16, 2008 at 9:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful Post about J. you also put tears in my eyes.

You are so blessed to have this man. God sent him to you that day at Starbucks. And the Story began.

I Love You All
Aunt Laurie

December 17, 2008 at 8:02 AM  
Blogger GMS said...

Very beautiful post. How blessed T, M, H & E are to watch love, respect, and forgiveness in action in their home each day.

December 17, 2008 at 4:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I,m so glad you have so great love in your life. Hold on your in for a great life.Wonderful husband J keep it up. LOVE Janet

December 17, 2008 at 8:36 PM  
Blogger Kendra Wheeler said...

That is an amazing post about an incredible man. I am so happy for you. God is incredible and so good to us. I'm glad that you have been blessed with such an incredible real life example of God's love for us!

you made me cry right here at my middle school teacher desk!

December 18, 2008 at 6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home