This Page

has been moved to new address

My Weekend.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#fff; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small Georgia,Serif; text-align:center; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#58a; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#969; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#c60; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #ccc; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; font-weight:normal; color:#666; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#666; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#c60; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:0 1px 1px; max-width:700px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:#c60; } .post-title a, .post-title a:visited, .post-title strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:#c60; font-weight:normal; } .post-title strong, .post-title a:hover { color:#333; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#ccc; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#999; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#666; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Monday, January 11, 2010

My Weekend.

If someone would have told me four plus years ago when I sat down and typed in my name and email address to create an account on blogger that down the road, four plus years down the road, I would spend five hours in a car to meet twenty eight perfect strangers, I mean, other Midwest Mommy Bloggers, I would have laughed.

I'm still laughing. Because I did. And it was lovely. And inspiring. And really, really neat.

I was so busy last week getting ready and now this week catching up but I went into it a tad bit nervous. How would this go. Who had read my words before. Who had not. Who had I read or heard of and who was new to me.

I fear my words wouldn't do the event justice but I met some very neat women with neat stories that tied us together and made us different at the same time. Some who've blogged forever, others who are newbies.

We ate, we drank, we laughed and talked about every possible thing we could in a beautiful lodge. But we especially talked about motherhood and the important little people in our lives.

We talked about why we blog, our goals, where it started and where we're going. Who we are without our blogs. And it was thought provoking to listen to others and also ask myself within the same questions I don't linger on too often.

And while it was a blogging event, it was something more and something else. Realizing and meeting people as people and not just as some other blogger on the internet.

While I'd love to tell you about each and every woman I encountered and what I thought of them, that might get old quick here. So please, if you're interested and have some more time to add to your blog reading repertoire, click over here and take a wander through some of the other bloggers sites.

And just so you know, I came home to a happy, albeit tired, husband, two bigs who had laundry lists of feedback to give me on the weekend and especially their younger brother. A freshly bathed superhero pajama clad little who asked me never to leave him again and my babe, who waited for me.

Sorry for the low quality picture. It was a quick cell phone shot.

She did not walk without me. But did you really think she would?

17 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Samara -
I'm so glad you had a great time. I can't wait to hear all about it! And no, I'm not surprised that E waited for you...she wouldn't have wanted her Momma to miss it!!

January 11, 2010 at 11:21 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth @claritychaos said...

I am so glad to have met you, and I wish we would have had more of a chance to chat one-on-one. I loved hearing everyone's stories, and I loved how so many of us came without really knowing many others. Such a positive group of women.

-elizabeth

January 11, 2010 at 11:38 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

I'm so glad she didn't walk!
Also, I'm so sorry we didn't really get a chance to talk. It was so hard with the baby who refused to sleep. Ever. The entire weekend.;)

January 12, 2010 at 7:28 AM  
Blogger Peggy said...

I'm glad E waited for you!

January 12, 2010 at 9:44 AM  
Blogger Jon, Sara, Tyler, and Sophie said...

Sounds like the retreat was a definite success. Glad that you were able to participate, and share, that experience.

Now, I can't wait for the post about E walking. She's such a cutie!

January 12, 2010 at 10:00 AM  
Blogger The Fritz Facts said...

I am so glad you had a wonderful time!! But even more I am so happy that E waited for you!!

January 12, 2010 at 10:28 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

it was amazing meeting you. and there truly wasn't enough time to soak you up...next time?

January 12, 2010 at 3:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad to hear Miss E waited for you!

January 12, 2010 at 6:31 PM  
Blogger LutherLiz said...

Glad to hear that she obeyed while you were away and waited!

January 12, 2010 at 7:39 PM  
Blogger LutherLiz said...

Glad to hear that she obeyed while you were away and waited!

January 12, 2010 at 7:39 PM  
Blogger Corinne Cunningham said...

So glad you guys had an incredible time :)

And also so glad she waited for you...

January 12, 2010 at 7:44 PM  
Anonymous Maggie, dammit said...

It was so lovely meeting you! I'm so glad no walking happened while you were gone. :)

January 13, 2010 at 7:52 AM  
Blogger Heather of the EO said...

Thank you so much for coming, Samara. You are one of the people I'm wishing I could have talked to more.

I kind of ran around like a chicken with my head cut off a bit too much.

And yes, PHEW on the walking thing :)

January 13, 2010 at 8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was wonderful to have met you and have lunch with you! What a cute picture!!

January 13, 2010 at 10:59 AM  
Blogger Haley said...

It was so awesome to have met you!

You are such a sweetie!

Your little girl is precious!

January 13, 2010 at 11:58 AM  
Blogger Upstatemamma said...

The event sounds so wonderful!! I have not been to any blogging conferences but I would love to meet the faces of the people who's blogs I read.

January 13, 2010 at 3:06 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I kept looking over at you thinking I need to get some more time talking with you and then before you know it the weekend was over. I am so glad you came, I loved how everyone was brought together from every aspect of this blog life.

Steph

January 14, 2010 at 1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home