This Page

has been moved to new address

Do You Read?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#fff; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small Georgia,Serif; text-align:center; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#58a; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#969; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#c60; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #ccc; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; font-weight:normal; color:#666; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#666; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#c60; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:0 1px 1px; max-width:700px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:#c60; } .post-title a, .post-title a:visited, .post-title strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:#c60; font-weight:normal; } .post-title strong, .post-title a:hover { color:#333; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#ccc; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#999; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#666; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Do You Read?

100_2666


I have always loved reading. Since I was little, little and even now I love sitting down with a good book and am usually immersed in one or two different ones.

I took this picture awhile back when I noticed how diverse my nightstand was getting, some of them I've finished now and lately there have just been a couple books there.

I'm still working on New Kid By Friday by Kevin Leman. I'm reading it with my mom's Bible study group at church so I've been trying to stay on schedule with the group and not read ahead. (Anyone looking for a Christian parenting book that tells it like it is, this is a good one.)

I'm also mid-way through The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. It's a very thought provoking and inspiring read so far.
I don't mind reading fiction but lately have found myself devouring non-fiction books.

Besides a "blog book club" I participated in a couple years back I have never been in a book club and I've always wanted to. Lately I've been thinking I should ask a friend or two that likes to read but I know how so many are so busy and it's that putting oneself out there thing.

Are you in a book club? Do you like to read? What are some of your favorite reads these days?

I am always looking for books to add to my library request list.

8 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

I'm in a book club and we meet every couple months. We actually do a book swap where we bring a book that we want someone else to read. It's so much fun doing it that way! I also currently have 4 books currently going- I LOVE to read!

November 8, 2010 at 7:48 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

I am not in a book club but have often thought of trying to find one. I find I don't make as much time to read as I should - and I do like to read! Lately I'm lucky to find time to read the People magazine and that makes me sad. I'm hoping to maybe get some new books for my birthday or Christmas which will force me to read some more again!

November 8, 2010 at 8:17 AM  
Blogger MamaBear said...

I love historical Christian romance series. I can read three in a week. LOVE them! Snelling, Peterson, Pella....they are all good.

I have a whole stack of parenting books waiting for me, though Bringing Up Boys is one that I did finish. The other great one I read last year is A Mom After God's Own Heart.

November 8, 2010 at 8:18 AM  
Anonymous Mel B said...

I like the non-fiction, too, although I'm a huge Jodi Piccoult fan and can't put her books down.

I like the memoirs:
Piece of Cake by Cupcake Brown
Million Little Pieces
Push by Sapphire

I'm always amazed at how people survive the unthinkable and then live to tell the story.

I also have a ton of parenting books...all the Love and Logic ones are great.

I like looking at Cookbooks when the kids are awake and I can't really read and comprehend.

I recently finished The Winter Garden - Good - and The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo - Good.

I'm not reading anything right now because I need to get caught up on organizing and family-life...I find when I'm in a good book, not too many other things get done! ;)

November 8, 2010 at 10:18 AM  
Anonymous Rachel Foote said...

I absolutely LOVE to read!!! Ever since I can remember, I have always loved books. If you ever wanted to form a book club, I would be in!! I like Jodi Picoult too - I saw you had her on your nightstand! I also like mystery novels as well. I confess I'm more into the fiction genre, but am always open to new experiences. I just got done reading a series by two authors - Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. The first one is called 'Relic' and there are 10 books in the series. Fabulous!!! Highly entertaining and you won't want to put them down. They are more along the murder/mystery genre, which I love. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series was also great too and the movies are a must-see as well. Ok, I think that's all I've got. Happy reading everyone!!!

November 8, 2010 at 11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to do a book club! We can do a phone/email one together :)

Samantha

November 8, 2010 at 12:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Last year, I made it a goal to get all of my students to enjoy... ok really just no dread reading. I taught them about book clubs and used Oprah as an example of how many people read for fun (What a novel idea, right?) We formed mini books clubs in my classroom, and I gave students time to read and then discuss their books each day. They got to choose their own novels and read at a comfortable pace, agreed upon by the group. It was SO GREAT to see my non-readers dive into their books!

November 8, 2010 at 2:14 PM  
Blogger Brandi said...

Love reading..used to do a book club..not anymore..would be up for starting up again..let me know..have you read Karen Kingsbury..my favorite author..Christian fiction..awesome!

November 11, 2010 at 1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home