This Page

has been moved to new address

The Time I Thought I Had.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#fff; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small Georgia,Serif; text-align:center; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#58a; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#969; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#c60; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #ccc; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; font-weight:normal; color:#666; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#666; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#c60; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:0 1px 1px; max-width:700px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:#c60; } .post-title a, .post-title a:visited, .post-title strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:#c60; font-weight:normal; } .post-title strong, .post-title a:hover { color:#333; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#ccc; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#999; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#666; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Time I Thought I Had.

april2011 007

It's crazy to think that he's just a week away from turning five. When he was born, I remember thinking I had a lifetime until kindergarten and now it feels as though it's right around that next corner up there.

Him and I are such a good place, a good groove these days. That's not to say it's perfect. Somedays he's off, or I'm off, or we're both off.

But mostly we're good.

Earlier I had a headache and I just wanted to lay down for a few minutes and he came over and kissed me and then covered me up and then laid on me. And I get that to some, all that would have just made a headache worse, but it totally healed mine.

He's real sweet on me these days, making sweet little comments I jot down on random pieces of paper every day.

"Mom, I don't ever want to share you with my friends." He tells me one day.

Another day he's in tears telling J that he's scared to grow up because then "my mom will look different. I don't want it to be different. I want it to be the same."

We're practically living outside these days and I love every single minute of it. {Except the coming in part. It's pretty brutal.} And the other day there was a pick-up game of baseball going on in the cul-de-sac and he stood there wanting to be part.

My neighbor-friend yelled out to her 3rd grader, "Put H on a team!"

And he did, he put him on his team. And I sat their half listening and half talking to my neighbor-friend because I didn't want to take my eyes off of him.
baseball

Watching him out there with the "big" kids, even though some of the big kids are just a year older, made me realize just how big, how old he's getting.

It goes fast, friends. One day I was holding him with tears in my eyes overwhelmed wondering when I'd ever learn how to balance and figure out the nursing, the changing, the sleeping and now I sit with tears in my eyes overwhelmed about where all the time I thought I had has gone.

*Winner of the Buitoni dinner giveaway is: #10 LIZ. Liz, shoot me an email with your address!

It's not too late to enter The Vintage Pearl or Metropolis giveaways!*

3 Comments:

Blogger Hyacynth said...

I feel this, too, with my oldest, who will be four in August {four going on 10, I swear}. I had a moment like you described with my own boy this week -- headache and such. And he's lying on me, snuggling away the pain. Such beauty in the mother-son relationship.

April 10, 2011 at 1:31 PM  
Anonymous dadio said...

Wow!, Nice blog...Breath in that time with those 4...cause time is flying.

Love ya all!
Dadio's
Boppa

April 10, 2011 at 4:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Simplicity, this is going to sound so cheesy but I can't believe how fast life has gone and how well you've managed to handle it all! You're a fabulous mother and I'm so proud and so privileged to have you in my life. Who knew how much could possibly transpire over the last decade since we first met...

April 12, 2011 at 10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home