This Page

has been moved to new address

Simple Little Things That Bring Me Joy.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#fff; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small Georgia,Serif; text-align:center; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#58a; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#969; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#c60; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #ccc; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; font-weight:normal; color:#666; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#666; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#c60; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:0 1px 1px; max-width:700px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:#c60; } .post-title a, .post-title a:visited, .post-title strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:#c60; font-weight:normal; } .post-title strong, .post-title a:hover { color:#333; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#ccc; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#999; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#666; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Monday, May 16, 2011

Simple Little Things That Bring Me Joy.

It's Monday morning. The sun is shining. The birds are chirping. I'm thinking this may really be it. Spring has sprung. Here's some things bringing me joy this beginning of the week, what's bringing you joy?

1. The End.

We're on the countdown to the end of the school year around here. H has EIGHT days left. T & M have 13 days! Where did the school year go? I'm not complaining. We're ready, as we are each May for the end and each August for the start. Oh, we're ready.

2.My cousin.

I'm so proud of my cousin who ran 26.2 miles yesterday in Green Bay! I wish I could have been there cheering her on. I guess she'll just have to do it one more time!
marathon2

samantha



3. Eating outside.
may2011 008

We got a new patio set a couple weeks ago and finally last night we were able to eat dinner outside. Here's hoping it's a trend we can continue without our parkas.
4. Five.
may2011 028

Maybe it's because he's 5 now or maybe it's because of his new glasses but he's seeming so old these days. I love that he is learning and trying new things and I also love that on some things he's just stuck in routine. For instance, he will not wear shorts or short sleeves currently, he tells us he prefers jeans.

He's totally into LEGO Hero Factory guys right now and Transformers. I am pretty sure the superhero stage is drawing to a close, we'll throw that one up on the shelf with Lightning McQueen.
may2011 021

5.Zumba.

I'm taking my very first Zumba class Tuesday night. I'm super excited and a tad bit nervous. I've heard such great things about it but still feel like I'm going into it blindly and don't know a soul that will be there.

6. Bubbles. 
may2011 017

She is really into bubbles right now and while I used to think things like this "No-Spill" bubble tumbler were a gimmick, I'm now a believer. It keeps her happy, busy and most of all she really can't spill them. We let her do them everywhere.

7. It's just hair. Right?

On Friday, when my friend Meghan, who does my hair, styled my hair for the wedding, she told me I totally need a hair cut. It's been over a year! 

My hair is super-duper-long {I think longer than it's ever been!} and I spend half the time going crazy about it and half the time kind of liking it so I made myself make an appointment with her for Wednesday night when I'll need to make a choice. Just a trim or a whole new look for summer. What would you do?

Happy Monday!

{Noodles giveaway ends tonight. There's been a little confusion, you do not have to live in MN, you do not have to go to the new Noodles location. They will send you certificates for the free noodle bowls that you can use nationwide at your convenience. So now that that's cleared up, go enter because right now, with three winners, the odds are in your favor.}

7 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Sounds like you guys are on the fast track to a great summer! Is your hair long enough to donate?

May 16, 2011 at 8:55 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

I'm biased since I just cut all my hair for a whole new look- I say go for it. Try something new, it's hair and it will grow back!

May 16, 2011 at 9:22 AM  
Blogger Beth (Coffee Until Cocktails) said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

May 16, 2011 at 10:01 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

I say go for the new look - changing it up can be fun and it does grow back if it ends up not being something you like!

May 16, 2011 at 10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello S, Just trim your hair for now it is a lot easier to keep out of you face with summer coming. And one of the things that brings me joy is watching my children succeed. Its wonderful. Love to all Janet

May 16, 2011 at 7:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Eep! So excited for your first Zumba class. I can't wait for a full report.

I'm in the same boat as you with my hair. It's been more than a year and a half since my last cut (unless you count a desperate trim from my sister in November). I never know what to do with it, which is why I leave it long. Let us know what you decide.

May 16, 2011 at 10:18 PM  
Blogger Samantha said...

Thank you so much for including me in your post! I think I might make this marathon stuff a yearly thing! Will be signing up to run a half in August out by you.

I hope you LOVE Zumba like I do. Good Luck tonight!

As for your hair I say if you chop it to donate it, but trimming is just fine too.

Little things bringing me joy is my support team that I have! Thank you and I love you!

May 17, 2011 at 12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home