This Page

has been moved to new address

A Different Kind of Neighbor. *Updated*

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#fff; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small Georgia,Serif; text-align:center; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#58a; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#969; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#c60; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #ccc; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; font-weight:normal; color:#666; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#666; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#c60; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:0 1px 1px; max-width:700px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:#c60; } .post-title a, .post-title a:visited, .post-title strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:#c60; font-weight:normal; } .post-title strong, .post-title a:hover { color:#333; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#ccc; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#999; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#666; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Thursday, August 16, 2007

A Different Kind of Neighbor. *Updated*

I'm all for pets, really I am. But I've got to admit there are some scary animals out there, especially when they aren't trained and handled properly.

In today's news, a family pit bull attacked a little boy and killed him. What devastating and scary news especially in the wake of what happened in our neighborhood this last week.

I'm over at Cribsheet today, you can read about what happened to us here.

Leave me a comment either here or there and give me your feedback. There's already quite the debate started over there.

*Update Friday 8/17 10am: WOW! The debate/argument/commentary over there has definitely derailed. If you decide to read what people have to say, do so with caution. Though they are still somewhat on subject, comments have taken an angry turn. Especially in regards to the incident yesterday in N. Minneapolis.*

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't have a direct experience but I am outraged that this continues to happen. I'm not a dog hater or anything but there are only 2-3 types of dogs that seem to commit this type of violence on a regular basis - mostly to our children. Why the heck is it still legal to own them??? There are thousands of breeds of dogs - why is it considered an inalienable right to own a breed of dog that has been shown to be capable of killing and injuring our children? It's just stupid that we allow it.

August 16, 2007 at 9:09 PM  
Blogger mark..uk.. said...

Dogs are not bad people are,if there trained from 7 weeks old to respect people they will. people harm more people than any dog especialy in america where most people have a gun, these chained up dogs dont deserve the owners they have and hopefully they will turn on the owner, all sympathy for the kids that get attacked but blame the owner for neglect and crulety. rottweilers are the most intelligent dog and learn quickly but you dont read the stories about a rottweiler sniffing out bombs in afghanistan to protect our soldiers and the police rottweilers that pin down a criminal that will rob you at gun point, remember owners not the dogs, guns are banned in my country the uk so worry more about them.not dangerous dogs dangerous people...mark uk

August 17, 2007 at 4:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To the first comment>> Seems that you only know what you read or hear in the media. So therefore you have no knowledge of the subject. So why do we allow guns and bullets? Why do we allow cars?Why do we allow this why do we allow that?

and Mark well said my friend. I sure hope there are more inteligent people like you that read this blog and tell it like it is.

August 17, 2007 at 6:44 AM  
Blogger Chris and Abbie said...

i'm glad to hear that you are all safe.

i agree with mark and think that if the owners would take more responsibilities for their pets, everyone would be better off. to me, that responsibilities automatically comes when you are a pet owner and if you don't want to take care of their pet and the pet's actions, then you shouldn't own one.

August 17, 2007 at 8:12 AM  
Blogger single dad said...

I'm very disappointed in all these dog incidents. At what point will it stop. My kids and I had a dog incident this past June 16th 2007 Fathers Day weekend the only difference was that my kids yelled for me before the dog had a chance to do anything. I had grabbed my bow, yelled at my neighbors to get there dog before I have to shoot as it was off it's leash (not that they ever put the leash on there dog anyway.) I stood between my kids and there dog with my bow. The dog backed off alittle bit but it wasn't till my neighbor came and got his dog that my kids were safe. As luck would have it my neighbors had been drinking and the Sheriffs Department was called and I was arrested for my actions! I'm awaiting for my trial on Sept. 4th 2007. At what point did I do anything wrong besides protect my kids from a vicious dog that my kids and I have had runs with before!? I can't believe they want to prosecute me for my actions considering what has gone on this year along with kids being attack and now killed by dogs!

August 17, 2007 at 11:24 PM  
Blogger Doughnut said...

We use to live in the country and our neighbors had both a pot belly pig that use to come over and root in my wife's flower garden (not good!) and they also had several pitbulls that would come over barking while I mowed the lawn. I had to put the lawn mower between me and them as I backed into the house to call them.

Finally I called the Sheriff's Department who went out to their home and told them to keep them leased or they would be ticketed. The neighbor came over and told me I was anti-social. That was the last time I talked to him but I don't believe his dogs came over again either. I was told by the town board chairman to "lay them down" next time and claim self-protection. I am glad I never had to do that!

To finish off the story of the pot bellied pig. My wife chased it back into their yard with a pitch fork...giving it a jab every now and then to get it moving quickier. I heard that the pig eventually died (months later) in their house of a heart attack. I don't know how they ever got it out of the house. It was huge!

I don't think people should have dogs that they allow to run loose and especially dangerous dogs. In Wisconsin, we keep track of dog bites and if we get more than one report, the dog is declared "dangerous" and the owner has to have a sign on their yard/house stating such. I also think authorities should notify the homeowners insurance company they have a dangerous dog because that is who it will affect. They should have to pay a much larger premium if they have an animal like that...and I say if anyone is bitten by a dangerous dog, they should have to put the dog down immediately...and possibly still be sued for damages, emotional, physical and punitive.

August 19, 2007 at 9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home