This Page

has been moved to new address

'Twas the Night Before Christmas Eve.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#fff; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small Georgia,Serif; text-align:center; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#58a; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#969; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#c60; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #ccc; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; font-weight:normal; color:#666; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#666; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#c60; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:0 1px 1px; max-width:700px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:#c60; } .post-title a, .post-title a:visited, .post-title strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:#c60; font-weight:normal; } .post-title strong, .post-title a:hover { color:#333; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#ccc; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#999; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#666; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Sunday, December 23, 2007

'Twas the Night Before Christmas Eve.

I love Christmas and was really excited for the season this year. But just as quickly as that excitement came, it went. Right now I'm not feeling that Christmas spirit like I usually do, for lots of reasons. If there weren't three little people, I fear I would have taken down the tree and all the decorations already. But I haven't, and am actually looking forward to T and M's return home tomorrow and celebrating, in a different sort of way.

I haven't been in the mood for sharing more traditions, though I had lots more I wanted to, including our pajama tradition, a new holiday recipe and some daily giving activities we had been doing. I haven't even been in the mood for filling the remainder of the advent boxes. They've been empty since the 11th. And I feel bad about it, I do. I just have been overwhelmed and swamped and like everything needed to happen at once. This year I will have to chalk it up as being a slacker, and thankfully T gave me grace this past week by informing me I can make up for it next year.

I've gotten e-mails and voice mails this week wondering where I am or what I'm doing. And in case anyone seriously thinks I've been sitting on my couch sipping wine and eating bon-bons, I actually prefer eggnog and homemade fudge.

I've been with my dad every day the last ten plus days except Saturday, which was spent finishing my own shopping and organizing. My mom had all but one of her Christmas gifts purchased. And all but two wrapped. Organized could have very well been her middle name and still wouldn't adequately define her level of organization. I helped get some of those loose ends tied up for my dad and wrote countless thank-you's. Some just required addressing an envelope, others required notes and messages and signatures. I'll be sending my father my carpel-tunnel bill. All kidding aside, I was glad to help and have instructed my father that unless he tells me what to do and when to do it, I will probably do everything and smother him until I drive him nuts. So far, I believe he's enjoying my company and our daily conversations on life, love and what we've both lost and though I have resolved to the fact that I can never make things better or heal things, drawing closer to my dad and being there for him, seems to help my healing.

The week was both long and short, if that's possible. It flew by, yet seems like so long ago. And while the week wasn't one to go down in the record books as my favorite times I do want to highlight a few of the more light hearted moments...
This is my Uncle Richard and me and this picture is probably funny only to me, but just before this picture was taken I had gotten a little stern with him calling him by his first and middle name. Just who do I think I am?

This is a ball pit that now lives in my living room. This was an early Christmas present from Lori. I'm not sure if it was more for me or Henry. Let me get back to you after I pick up all one-hundred fifty balls. I definitely may be looking for some ideas for a reciprocal sort of gift that can live at her house.

This was Miss. M today at her second Christmas musical and as I type this I realize I never even shared pictures of the first musical. (Oops, there goes that stepmom of the year award I was hoping for.) This was today's, where she played an angel and did a beautiful job. Saying goodbye to Aunt Laurie, who flew back to Virginia Beach today. (In case you're confused she's the one in the middle.)

And last but certainly not least was the ladies group having coffee at church this past week who asked me if my father would be moving into Covenant Village, a Christian retirement home affiliated with our church. I hated bursting their bubble by telling them no, my 53 year old father would not be moving there anytime soon.

As I sit writing this, I have non-Christmas music softly playing and lefse on a plate in front of me. My husband just finished snowblowing the driveway and left to do some of his own last minute shopping. (Is that really a surprise?)

It's just a typical Minnesota winter night this night before Christmas Eve.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Covenant Homes is not even on my radar !, Thanks again for all the help and listening to me, and crying with me it will be a day by day healing. Until we see her again in glory. Love ya

December 23, 2007 at 9:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's nice to see you pop back up on the internet and to see your pictures. I have been thinking a lot about you lately. I'm sending you lots of non-holiday good vibes. :)

December 24, 2007 at 9:28 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

I once got into an annoying gift "fight" (full of love) with a friend. She bought j a loud toy with no off button, so I bought her son a drum with the drum stick attached. She'd have to cut it off to derail him, and even then he still had hands! We got much laughter out of that exchange.

Funny that you mention lefse. That is the only Christmas Tradition I am going to manage to blog this year. Stay tuned!

December 24, 2007 at 10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home