This Page

has been moved to new address

My Superhero.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#fff; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small Georgia,Serif; text-align:center; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#58a; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#969; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#c60; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #ccc; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; font-weight:normal; color:#666; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#666; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#c60; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:0 1px 1px; max-width:700px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:#c60; } .post-title a, .post-title a:visited, .post-title strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:#c60; font-weight:normal; } .post-title strong, .post-title a:hover { color:#333; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#ccc; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#999; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#666; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

Thursday, January 21, 2010

My Superhero.


"Mama?," He says. "You be the villian and I'll be the superhero." He'll say again and again.

And we'll play and he'll laugh a laugh that comes so strong and deep from within as though it's come straight from his heart.

I'll give up the cat and mouse chase and he'll capture me claiming he's taking the Villian Mama to jail and he's won. He's saved the day and his grin goes from ear to ear.

Then he'll catch his breath and I'll tell him that I love him and he looks at me and says, "Well, I love you to the moon."

"I love you more than that." I say and he'll reply real simply that since he is the superhero I can't really love him more than he loves me.

I look at my superhero and wonder why the good Lord decided I deserved such a gift as this.

And there are days I really feel like a villian in his world, when I've raised my voice or not been slow to anger. Time out, I'll say for just the 13th time that morning. Yet, he loves me, despite me. To the moon, even. And he makes me feel like I'm a superhero mama. Even when I'm not.

Because he is my superhero and when he's not busy asking me to play the villian, I am his.

10 Comments:

Blogger darcie said...

beautiful. you really are blessed. what a handsome little man...with personality to match ~

January 22, 2010 at 8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super Hero he is!! Make me smile when I come here every morning for my daily dose of family and laughter.. Can it get any better?? of course !!

Love You All
Auntie Laurie

January 22, 2010 at 10:03 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

total heart melt mama.

January 22, 2010 at 1:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh dude. I am teary over here. A mama and her boy. I have a superhero too in my life. Thank God.

Thank you for this.

January 22, 2010 at 1:42 PM  
Blogger LutherLiz said...

Aw! Now all you guys need is a theme song! Such a happy superhero family.

January 22, 2010 at 2:32 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth @claritychaos said...

I love superheros. I'm with Lee. And know what? You're a supermama.

Enjoy your little man this weekend.

xo elizabeth

January 22, 2010 at 3:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love this post! And I'm very impressed with Henry's vocabulary!

January 22, 2010 at 4:05 PM  
Anonymous Jes said...

He is the best superhero ever!

January 22, 2010 at 5:25 PM  
Blogger Ann Imig said...

Which is why I'm always up for ANOTHER game of Uno.

So sweet.

January 23, 2010 at 6:01 PM  
Blogger Anna Daniels said...

Aww.. this is so precious!

January 24, 2010 at 1:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home